Membership Engagement Associate
The Associate reports to the Director of Membership Engagement and collaborates with staff across the organization to propose, plan and implement member activities.
- Work directly and maintain relationships with local program committees and representatives to create plans for engaging local members. Help organize committee meetings, prepare agendas and materials, and follow up.
- Work directly with members to conceive of and plan meetings, events and other activities. Specific duties may include communicating with members, shaping meeting content, coordinating on logistics, corresponding with presenters and participants, providing on-site event management and representation as needed, implementing follow-up, and evaluating programs for member satisfaction.
- Develop and document policies and best practices for the national network of local program committees and representatives.
- Propose and contribute content for the Academy’s digital and print publications and web site. Draft, edit, and proofread correspondence, remarks, briefing materials, presentations, and reports.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organization on opportunities to engage members with Academy work through meetings, events, and communications.
- Track member engagement activities, member service, and correspondence; update records; produce metrics and reports.
Qualifications, skills, and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in communications, volunteer management, project management, and/or event planning, preferably at a foundation, higher education institution, or cultural non-profit; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, with evidence of progressive success and responsibilities
- Excellent writing skills required; experience with speechwriting, event invitations, or web communications preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, member-service orientation and excellent judgment; ability to comfortably and professionally interface with a wide range of constituents
- Attention to detail, project management experience, organizational skills, and follow through
- Ability to work efficiently, juggle competing priorities, and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Adobe Acrobat, various document processing and database applications
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for continuous improvement
- Resourcefulness, creativity, initiative
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
Using the "apply now" button below, applicants should submit an online application including their resume and a cover letter indicating their interest and qualifications for this position.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings; some travel (<10%) will be required.