Membership Information and Elections Associate
- Provide administration of the Academy’s membership database including, but not limited to:
- Maintaining effective data maintenance and database standards.
- Conduct periodic data review for accuracy.
- Conduct data queries.
- Provide training and assistance to other departments in proper database usage, organization, and retrieval.
- Manage nomination and election logistics
- Review nominations to ensure the accuracy and thoroughness of the Academy ballots.
- Coordinate election materials for committee review, committee meetings, and conference calls.
- Oversee the scheduling of 30-50 membership and election conference calls.
- Draft correspondence to members as necessary.
- Work with the director, to plan and implement membership initiatives and special projects.
- May supervise the Operations assistant on Membership-related projects or delegated tasks as well as supervise temps or other part-time staff.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience organizing, systematizing, and retrieving database information
- Close and careful attention to detail.
- Must possess initiative, outstanding oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and proofing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple activities and tasks in a high tempo environment.
- Ability to learn quickly, prioritize, and work accurately with little supervision.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve and be flexible to work in a changing environment; comfortable with nuance
- Strong interest and skill in fact-finding and research-based projects.
- Facility with learning names and accuracy in presenting them.
- Must be able to handle confidential information appropriately, and to engage with Academy members in a patient, poised and diplomatic manner.
- Proficiency in database querying, Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word), Adobe Acrobat, various document processing and database applications, and internet searches.
Desired qualifications also include:
- Experience working in an academic environment, preferably in a college admissions, library, or registrar setting.
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse, distinguished membership base.
- Ability to exhibit a proactive, positive client focus