Membership Information and Elections Associate
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Provide administration of the Academy’s membership database including, but not limited to:
- Maintaining effective data maintenance and database standards.
- Conduct periodic data review for accuracy.
- Conduct data queries.
- Process member information changes including address, title, affiliation, and other member data.
- Provide training and assistance to other departments in proper database usage, organization, and retrieval.
- Manage nomination and election logistics
- Review and process nominations to ensure the accuracy and thoroughness of the Academy ballots.
- Update and maintain nominee records in the database and the paper files.
- Organize and prepare election materials for committee review, committee meetings, and conference calls.
- Coordinate the scheduling of 30-50 membership and election conference calls.
- Draft correspondence to members as necessary.
- Work with the director, to plan and implement membership initiatives and special projects.
- Serve as the first point of contact for questions or inquiries to the Membership Office.
- May supervise the Operations assistant on Membership-related projects or delegated tasks as well as supervise temps or other part-time staff.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, at least 3-5 years’ experience (preferably in admissions, registration, or a library setting)
- Experience organizing, systematizing, and retrieving database information
- Close and careful attention to detail.
- Must possess initiative, outstanding oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and proofing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple activities and tasks in a high tempo environment.
- Ability to learn quickly, prioritize, and work accurately with little supervision.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve and be flexible to work in a changing environment; comfortable with nuance.
- Strong interest and skill in fact-finding and research-based projects.
- Facility with learning names and accuracy in presenting them.
- Must be able to handle confidential information appropriately, and to engage with Academy members in a patient, poised and diplomatic manner.
- Proficiency in database querying, Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word), Adobe Acrobat, various document processing and database applications, and internet searches.