Membership Information and Elections Coordinator
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Serve as the first point of contact for questions or inquiries to the Membership Office.
- Input member information changes including address, title, affiliation, and other member data.
- Process and review nominations and draft correspondence as necessary.
- In collaboration with the director and associate, prepare nomination and election materials for membership submission, committee review, committee meetings, and conference calls.
- Create and maintain nominee records in the database and as paper files.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree required (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Experience working in an academic or nonprofit environment.
- Must be able to handle confidential information appropriately, and to engage with Academy members in a patient, poised and diplomatic manner.
- Possess initiative, outstanding oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and proofing and editing skills.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve and be flexible in a changing environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple activities and tasks in a high tempo environment.
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse, distinguished membership base.
- Facility with learning names and accuracy in presenting them.
- Ability to learn quickly, prioritize, and work accurately with little supervision.
- Proficiency in database querying, Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word), Adobe Acrobat, various document processing and database applications, and basic to intermediate internet searches.
- Strong interest in fact-finding and research-based projects
PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION