Program Associate for Global Security and International Affairs
- Communicate regularly with project leadership and participants, Academy members, external stakeholders, program staff, and other Academy departments.
- Fulfill project administrative needs, including maintaining shared project files, tracking project activities and progress, and coordinating production and distribution of project publications.
- Provide logistical support for conferences, meetings, and events. Coordinate scheduling, prepare relevant materials, and provide on-site and virtual staff support.
- Lead, when appropriate, programmatic and research initiatives, including secondary research, data analysis and literature reviews.
- Draft and edit talking points, briefings, and other written materials.
- As appropriate, contribute to research and drafting of reports.
- Update website content with relevant project materials.
- Maintain and process external contracts, agreements, invoices, and reimbursements.
- Assist with mentoring and onboarding of new staff.
- Work with staff from other program areas to maintain awareness of potential areas of collaboration.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Occasional travel (<15%) ,, nights, and weekends may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least four years relevant experience OR equivalent experience. · Demonstrated interest in global security and international affairs
- Excellent organizational skills, an acute attention to detail, and follow through on tasks.
- Ability to be flexible, learn quickly, seek creative solutions, pivot when needed, and work accurately under pressure on complex, highly publicized projects.
- Strong writing, proofreading, research (for briefings, verifying accuracy of details, and citation formatting) and editing skills.
- Experience with budget-tracking and project management.
- Ability to comfortably and professionally communicate with a wide range of audiences, including Academy members, staff, and the public at large.
- Outstanding communication, relationship building, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exhibit confidentiality and good judgment.
- Experience with research and analysis on global security and/or international affairs-related topics a plus.
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Adobe Acrobat, Salesforce, Google Analytics, and/or social media a plus