- Provide day-to-day administrative support for multiple projects, interacting regularly with committee members and other project participants, Academy members, partner organizations, the program directors and staff, and with other Academy departments.
- Working with the Events department, provide logistical support for conferences, meetings, focus groups, and other events, including but not limited to preparing conference materials, processing reimbursements, and providing on-site staff support.
- Prepare budgets and purchase order requests for project meetings, public events, publications, and other activities.
- Assemble travel materials and briefing books for Academy staff attending project meetings and other events.
- Draft, edit and proofread reports, correspondence, and presidential briefings
- Maintain and update program-related databases, tracking reports, and project summaries.
- Coordinate the production and distribution of formal and informal publications and other project deliverables.
- Support the program area’s public relations and outreach activities, including collaborating with project staff and Academy members to monitor policy outcomes; updating website content; and formulating social media and digital communication strategies in coordination with the Communication department.
- Assist with conducting web-related background research for projects and reports.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two to three years of experience in an office and academic environment, research experience a plus.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 40 lbs, climb stairs, and operate a handcart
The ideal candidate will also demonstrate:
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and flexibility. Strong customer service background.
- High attention to detail; curiosity and problem-solving skills; initiative and follow-through on projects.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple tasks in a high tempo environment with little supervision.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, with an emphasis on time management and the ability to plan, organize and implement various activities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to proofread and edit.
- Ability to learn quickly, prioritize, and work accurately and proactively with little supervision.
- Ability to comfortably and professionally interface with a wide range of constituents, including Academy members, staff, and the public at large;
- Ability to exhibit confidentiality and good judgment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word), Adobe Acrobat, various document processing and database applications and querying, and internet searches.
- Comfort using online platforms, web-interfaces, and social media; marketing and public relations skills a plus.
Using the "apply now" button below, applicants should submit an online application including their resume and a cover letter indicating their interest and qualifications for this position.