We invite members to participate in Academy meetings and to come forward with ideas for studies, projects, and publications. We encourage you to take an active role in the Academy by getting involved with one of the many initiatives underway that may be of interest to you. These initiatives provide a platform for members to discuss issues that are important to them, and to strengthen our community by creating opportunities for members to connect with one another.
Below are a number of ways to be involved within the Academy:
- Propose, organize, present at, or attend an event at the Academy or in your area.
- Lead or participate in discussion groups.
- Lead or serve on a local program committee.
- Lead or participate in governance and related committees or serve on membership committees and section panels.
- Propose an exploratory project.
- Serve on project committees or advisory groups in the following areas:
- Edit or write for Academy publications:
- Write an article or op-ed for outside publication based on participation in an Academy meeting, project, or publication.
- Nominate and vote for new members. (To access nomination materials, please login to the Academy website as a member.)
- Nominate an Academy member for a prize.
- Refer outstanding candidates to apply for early-career policy fellowships.
- Participate in member connection.
- Make a gift to the Academy.
- Follow, like, or share social media content on:
To learn more about how to become involved in any of our projects or initiatives, contact the membership engagement team: