The Back-End of the Nuclear Fuel Cycle: Establishing a Viable Roadmap for a Multilateral Interim Storage Facility
Annual Estimated Expense and Revenue SummaryBack to table of contents
Global Nuclear Future
|Capital||Operations & Maintenance (O&M)||Acceptance||Storage|
Notes on Expense and Revenue Summary
- Initial capital expense includes one pad, equipment, transfer system, building construction, facility design, ten transport overpacks, and 10 percent of the infrastructure cost.
- Year 1 capital expense includes ten transport overpacks and 10 percent of the infrastructure cost.
- Years 4 and 9 include the addition of one-acre storage pads to the facility.
- Year 0 O&M costs include one-third of the annual personnel costs.
- Years 1 through 14 O&M costs include the cost of two shipments and the full cost of one year of personnel.
- Years 15 and later O&M costs include only the personnel costs because the facility will be full at that time.
- Acceptance fees are based on $0.0006 per kilowatt hour electric of the fuel received at the facility.
- The storage fee per canister is $25,000 per year or $1 million per year for forty canisters. This cost recurs each year.