Weapons in Space
This project attempted to deal constructively with the principal issues raised by the Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI). The resulting report, initially published as a double-issue of Dædalus, does not reach conclusions about the desirability or feasibility of the SDI; rather, it presents favorable, opposing, and skeptical views about the relevant scientific, technological, strategic, and political issues involved.
- Weapons in Space, ed. Franklin A. Long, Jeffrey Boutwell, and Donald Hafner. New York: W. W. Norton & Company, 1986. (out of print)
- Weapons in Space, Vol. 2, Dædalus (Summer 1985)
- Weapons in Space, Vol. 1, Dædalus (Spring 1985)
- PROJECT DATE: 1983-1986
- PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATORS: Franklin A. Long (Cornell University) and Donald Hafner (Boston College)
- SOURCES OF FUNDING: Johnson Foundation, Carnegie Corporation of New York