Advancing a People-First Economy
Overview of RecommendationsBack to table of contents
Commission on Reimagining Our Economy
- Redesign safety nets to ensure stability.
- Adopt inclusionary zoning policies to increase the housing supply.
- Reform childcare and health care to lower costs and facilitate benefit portability.
- Expand access to low-cost banking for low-income Americans.
Opportunity and Mobility
- Remove regulations preventing people from participating in the labor market.
- Bolster worker training and education pathways through private-sector upskilling and a strengthened community college system.
- Extend to Black World War II veterans and their descendants the housing and education benefits they were denied under the 1944 GI Bill.
- Expand broadband connectivity for rural, tribal, and underserved urban areas.
- Allow states or municipalities to sponsor immigrants to boost their economies (Community Partnership Visas).
- Create a training and financing program to help working-class Americans run for political office.
- Deconcentrate economic power.
- Revise the tax code to incentivize work and end tax policies that benefit the wealthy.
- Support tribal governmental infrastructure to advance Native American self-determination.
- Facilitate the creation of robust local and community media.
- Promote economic connectedness.